Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Berkshire Soccer Academy for Girls


On March 11th I started working as a seasonal office temp for the Berkshire Soccer Academy for Girls.  I didn't think it would turn into much, but it was a nice part-time gig, close to home, and was enjoyable enough.  Now here I am, not even two months later, working full time, doing what I love (graphic design) and about to be sent on the adventure of a lifetime.  I guess that might be an overstatement, but not by much!

BSA is an elite girls soccer camp that runs 6 weeks out of the summer in East Otis, Massachusetts.  They have 5 week-long sessions with short bridge sessions that connect the weeks for campers staying for more than one session.  They have amazing US Women's National Team stars like Mia Hamm, Kristine Lilly, Tish Venturi-Hoch, and Heather O'Reilly coming to coach, and the rest of the soccer, elective and facility staff are creme of the crop.

When they asked me to come along for the summer I'll admit I wasn't initially interested, but mostly because I didn't want to leave my hubby alone at home with my family for two months.  But when they asked if I would come as photographer, and when they said they could make a place for James to work on campus as well, well that definitely sweetened the deal.

So here we are, 4 days from departure, ready to pack up and ship our lives across the country for the next 10 weeks.  I'm apprehensive and a little anxious (mainly because we found out on a moment's notice and I've hardly had time to even pull my suitcase out of the shed!), but I'm also so excited for this opportunity and chance to round out my photography skills.  I've always said sports photography wasn't my forte, but now that I'll be photographing soccer celebrities I think I can expand my repertoire. ;)

So you can probably expect this blog to be quiet for the summer, due to lack of internet access, and TIME for that matter, but you better believe I'll have some great stuff once I'm back!


Oh, and the sweetest part?!  Since we're all the way on the east coast already, and we end "work" on August 8th, we will be spending our [two-year] anniversary weekend/week celebrating in New York City! :D  I haven't been since I was maybe 10 years old, and James has never even been outside the airport, so we are SO stoked to be tourists and see all there is to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS