Sunday, July 1, 2012

Can't Be a Queen Bee Without a Bee Throne

I can honestly say I hardly ever crack open my actual computer anymore; more often than not I just do all of my internet stuffs via my beloved iPhone (which excludes blogging, since Blogger doesn't have an app!).  But tonight I get a night off(?) from most busyness and I thought I'd write a little....

It's been exactly one month since I moved into my new apartment and my fondness of it has only grown.  Sure, it's a long drive to work, but aside from that it is wonnnderful.  I just got a fridge yesterday, so 4 hours and 8 magic erasers later my new-to-me fridge is looking brand new, and I am finally able to buy real food again!  Don't get me wrong, I love pasta, but pasta every other night (along with pop-tarts, bread, and top ramen) is getting old.  Yesterday was an unbearably hot day to be moving a fridge from Long Beach to Anaheim, so we most definitely got to try out our pool for the first time.  Tonight while I was vacuuming James stopped me to say, "Amanda, I love our little place."  And we surveyed it together, from our fridge and new tea station, to the living room that's still coming along and constantly changing arrangements, to our little Ikea table and chairs... It's really an awesome little first home and we can't wait to finally live in it together.



Last weekend was my bridal shower and it was perfect.  I felt like time flew by, but I suppose that's good compared to other showers I've been to that drag on.  My maids of honor, Deb and Kayla, did an amazing job with not only the decorations but also with the events and the whole atmosphere of the afternoon.  I was impressed with how many people were actually able to come, and with how many wonderful gifts we got!  I finally have silverware! And cups! Ahhh!! I wish I had some more pictures for you from the shower, but unfortunately I didn't get to snag any as I was pretty busy.



On a side note, can I just add that I have the best moms?  Both my own mom and my future mother-in-law have been such a huge help to us this past month I don't know what I would do without them.  I guess our wedding countdown is truly winding down (40 days!), but with all of the last minute surprises and stress that's cropped up this month, they've been there for me and helped me through.  I got my wedding dress fitted and sent it in for alterations and seeing the dress on me got me very excited for our day.... that, and all these people getting married and engaged! August just needs to be here already!


[our new coffee/station... PTL for Starbucks benefits]

I've got two big interviews this week but before I jinx it and talk all about them, I'll just say God is good and more than surpasses what I ever feel I "need."

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly father knows you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
-Matthew 6:31-33

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS