Wednesday, May 2, 2012

100 days!

Not much to say, other than we are down to the 100-day mark! After today we are into the double-digits! It's exciting when you put it like that, but we still wonder if the day is ever going to get here.  God has been very good to us in this season of our lives, and I can say with 100% certainty that it is our focus on him and his Word that has brought us much peace in regards to the typical wedding tumult that consumes most brides.  Life has been so busy, what with me wrapping up at CSULB and with our schedules being otherwise pretty full, but we are keeping our priorities set and things are still falling into place.

A few weeks ago we got to do our entree tasting and I just felt like sharing pictures from the evening.  We came to this super sketchy looking warehouse where we were told to go, and after waiting in an office cubicle for about 20 minutes they finally led us into the back of the warehouse where they revealed a huge table they had prepared for our feast.  The food was amazing and the presentation was impressive, and now we just have to choose what we want from their huge menu.




Two weekends ago we got to go to Bakersfield to visit James' grandparents, and while it was consequently one of the hottest weekends of the spring so far, it was still a nice time to rest and hangout with family.  James' grandpa is suffering from cancer, which is always hard to watch, but even harder for me to watch their family go through it.  If you could keep him and them in your prayers I'm sure they would appreciate it.
 

On the way home we made a pitstop at World Market and James bought me an apron and a set of stackable mugs... once we're married we plan to host many people, so these will definitely be coming in handy.  (And, they are super cute.)

Last weekend I got to get away with my mom and sister (Kayla) to the Murrieta Hot Springs for a women's retreat with my church form San Diego.  I didn't let myself bring any homework with me, and I enjoyed having a distraction-free time to be in the Word and spending time with my family.  We came home only to go right into my niece Julianna's first communion.

School is over in just two weeks and I couldn't be happier about that.  Tuition has nearly tripled in the time I have been here, and that alone gives me cause to escape.  I'm excited to dictate my summer time the way that I want to, without projects and essays looming.  It will be interesting to see whether summer passes slow or flies by, but either way, by the end of it all I will be the happiest ever, with a wonderful husband and a new name. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS