Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wedding Politics (and Leaders)

So yesterday we had a great breakthrough; we finally found our venue!  We have always wanted to have the ceremony at the church, but we could not find the perfect place for a reception, until now.  I don't think we're going to disclose it just yet (sorry!) due to the wonderful, wedding politics.  I had heard a lot about these, but it wasn't until I was engaged that I realize how oppressive they are.  Whether it's making final decisions, creating a manageable guest list, or even just idealizing the day, SO much goes into each choice, and it creates a lovely web of intricate complications.

If it was up to me (you're thinking, It is, isn't it? actually, no..), I would invite everyone, but alas, budgets and family relationships and dates and times limit everything.  I guess all I'm trying to say is, if you're reading this, you're probably someone I want to invite, but if you never see an invite, it's only because of wedding politics, not because of anything personal.
BLlleeeeeehhhHhHhhgggghh.   -_____-

On a brighter note, aside from the fact that we booked a venue last night, we also picked our officiant!  It was a bit of a tough decision (again, wedding politics! We have SO many great pastors in our lives!), but I am proud (and extremely overjoyed) to announce that Jeff Levine will be officiating our wedding!  Even before James and I moved up to The Fold (the young adults/post college group) we had enjoyed Jeff and Lauren's friendship, but once we moved up we grew even closer.  Jeff and Lauren are a couple that we admire for their kindness, genuineness, honesty, and for the way that they incorporate God into their marriage.  We love how real they are, and we have always had respect for them for that, even if sometimes we think they're kind of quirky.  ;]  As we continue with The Fold and as we grow in marriage we know that Jeff and Lauren will be there to help and support us, and we couldn't be happier about that.  Great advice, great cooking tips (kudos, Lauren!), and a lot of great times ahead, I'm sure of it.
(On a side note, this past weekend Jeff and Lauren helped us organize and execute our first day of registry shopping.  We spent a few hours at Macy's, then returned home where Lauren gave me a thorough rundown of her kitchen basics/necessities, and then taught me how to make her spaghetti carbonara in minutes.  It was delicious!  The meal was coupled with some great pre-marital advice, and James and I both left their house smiling from ear to ear.)
 Cheers, to finalizing a lot of stressful decisions, and to great friendships!


2 comments:

  1. I'm super jealous. Jamie and I have done nothing... NOTHING! It's really really hard with me up here and her down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww so cute! Thanks for the mention. I totally understand the wedding politics. I wish I made a shout out on a blog or something when Jeff and I got married to let the people know who didn't get invited that it was definitely not personal. Uhhh so hard. Hang in there, it's gonna be a fun ride! And let's make a date to do a pizza workshop :D

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS