Monday, February 6, 2012

My Best Superbowl Weekend

Superbowl weekend has come and gone, but it sure was great.  On Saturday I was lucky enough to be invited to go to Disneyland with James' closest friends (and their girlfriend) courtesy of Andy and Lauren who are able to get people in for free because they work there.  We were there for almost 11 hours and couldn't even make it till World of Color because we were so beat.

James, Me, Stephanie, Ben, Brooke, Greg, Andy, Lauren

After the parks we went to Stacked, where Brooke works--also possibly one of the tastiest restaurants I've been to in a long time, and you get to order on an iPad!  If you haven't been to Stacked it's a great meal (there are deals at Happy Hour so it's affordable) and it's such a fun atmosphere, brought to you by the same people who brought you BJ's Pizza.

On Sunday we all went to The Fold, to the disc golf course (my first time in MONTHS, I've missed it!), and then to watch the Super Bowl! It was a pretty bland match-up, but if we were favoring one team over the other I suppose it was the Giants, so in turn it was a good day.

Ben had been waiting for this day for quite a while because he made his own brewed beer (I think he started around Christmas time) and it coincidentally was "ready" as of Sunday.  Already a little nervous that it would be gross, he was very happy when it exceeded everyone's expectations and wasn't too bad at all.  I thought it tasted a lot like a Hefeweizen.


After the game we spent the evening in the jacuzzi and all of the boys reminisced on their uhh.. golden years?  I don't really know what to call them, but there were a lot of great stories recounted.  The whole weekend was so enjoyable, it's hard to go back to school today (maybe because I am still exhausted).  

My first shift at Starbucks starts tomorrow, bright and early! I am trying to stay positive about 5am shifts, but I feel like I've been here before.  Maybe I will actually be able to go to sleep early so that I am in a better mood tomorrow morning... 

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me by surrounding me with so many great people and opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS