Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
                                                                        --Isaiah 26:3

Listening to Pastor Greg speak on Sunday made me think about life and how I am going about it.  He spoke on how God doesn't always give us answers when we want them; he wants us to be okay living a life without all the answers and the details but still living for him in everything.  I took this to mean that if we are seeking Him and trusting Him in everything we do, he trusts us to use our spiritual wisdom that we have gained up to this point in order to make wise decisions.  He will either validate our decision or reject it, and sometimes He doesn't seem to do much at all.  But in those moments that's where I feel like we grow even more, and where we learn the most.  "If I've learned anything from my past it's that ______."  You don't know how many times I use that line.  But it was in those moments that God stepped back, was a little ambiguous and let me make my decisions, that I learned about myself and God's plan.  And I either sank or swam, and my life is what I have to show for it.  We are so blessed to have a God that truly searches our hearts and knows us better than we know ourselves, and that we can trust in Him to direct our plans and keep us accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS