Saturday, April 9, 2011

The End of Spring Break

Well I realize I left you all hangin.....  I got better (from being sick) and made the most of my break, and I wasn't able to be on the computer much.  But I have some pics to share, if you are curious.

So after the beach on Monday and the mall Monday night I took it easy on Tuesday.
Tommy is working on taking modeling shots.  Here were my favorite lol.


Tuesday night I went to "the asian version of Starbucks," TeaStation, and got my first taste of Royal Milk Tea (with Boba)!  I didn't know what Boba was..but now I do--it's tapioca balls!





Wednesday was similarly low key, but in the late afternoon I got to hang out with my old BFF Kyle, who (sadly) was packing up and getting ready to move to Las Vegas.  Had dinner with the fam...always a fun night...and then headed back out with Tommy for some top secret ops that I will not mention.

This week was incredibly nostalgic and awkward for me as I processed my emotions and feelings about the boys in my life recently, but let me just say that Kyle and Tommy are awesome.

Tommy collects things to give to me.  Earmuff Panda Button?  I'll take it.

As I was sitting in Starbucks with Tommy I asked him if he thought we would be friends forever, and of course he said yes.  But that meant a lot more to me than I think he realized.  It's crazy for me to think that I met him almost eight years ago, and we are still so close.  We don't follow each others' lives that closely, but we have a relationship where we get together and it's like we never missed a beat; we just pick back up right where we left off.  And I love it.


Wednesday was a lot of alone time, which I relish.  Got to go to my favorite table at Starbs and get into the Word.  Just what I needed.

Then I came home and had to get ready to head back to the LBC.  It was bittersweet.  I know I have responsibilities and a life in LB, but there's no place like home, and everyone knows that feeling.


My Kingdom.
The King.

Gifts from the King.
My dad cracks me up.  He was walking our dog, Foxy, and they got attacked by another dog and it resulted in Foxy getting a ton of stitches and spending serious time rehabing.  So my dad has taken it upon himself to make signs to educate our household..

Our first bud at the Josie House.

The car that I got to drive around for the weekend while mine was getting serviced... Win!

So then I headed back to Long Beach and it was back to the daily grind.  The good news was that Debbie came back from New Orleans on Saturday night and we got a chance to hang out and catch up, and Sunday was a great day of fellowship where pretty much everyone hung out around my house and baked and sang and made music and then capped it off watching Tangled.  I get really stressed but also really happy when we have 20 people in our living room watching the same movie, and enjoying it.

Breakfast in the 21st century (instagram-ing it up) with T-Gilley and Debs... she makes great crepes and I love that we both like butter and salt as much as we do.

  Well anyway, this update was mostly just to keep my word on updating with Spring Break pics.  Stay tuned for pic updates from my awesome weekend that I am currently having in Norcal with Deb's family.  :)

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS