Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Long Time Coming

Today was a day of mixed emotions, but the state that I am currently in is...EXCITEMENT!

Today I had a roller coaster of emotions, but as I was walking away from school feeling down and low I received a phone call from work.  I thought... I don't want to come in and work right now, class got cancelled and I just want to go home...but I answered anyway because I [like to think that I] am responsible.  And low and behold it was the best thing I could have done!

Rhonda: CongratulationzzZZzZz!!!


Me: For what?

Rhonda: On your new promotion!

Me: To what?

Rhonda: To Shift Manager!



I have been waiting a really long time for this day to come.  Actually, with today being March 24th, let me just say I have been waiting for this day for exactly two months when I was originally promised this back in January.
I also had another bout of excitement for this because for one of the first times in my life (though I am sad to admit that this is a first) I feel like I am doing exactlyyyyyy what God wants me to be doing.  I prayed more for this process (starting way longer than two months ago, maybe try a year ago) and for this interview than I have for any other job or opportunity.  I have thoroughly prayed night and day about the implications of this job and about my future. I have prayed for God to withhold this if it is not His plan.  I have gone down every alley of prayer and thought I could imagine, and still, I ended up with the promotion.  So here I am, fully believing this is the will of God, and thus I am letting myself enjoy it.

Anyways, I start tomorrow and I could still use some prayers.  Thank you for everyone who helped me get this far!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS